CBD oil is still a relatively new concept to the health and wellness industry, and its relationship to the cannabis plant has made it difficult to shed false stigmas and assumptions about its benefits and what exactly it does. Since Mana Farms in the CBD market, it’s more important than anything that our customers are as educated about our products and their benefits as possible.
The first question many people have when learning about cannabis, whether they’re hoping for a yes or no answer is, “will CBD oil get me high?”
The short answer: No, as long as it doesn’t contain any THC (which ours does not), the cannabinoid that produces the psychoactive effects. However, CBD oil will have your body feeling boosted in ways that don’t involve psychoactive impairment. The benefits of Mana Farm’s full spectrum CBD oil have nothing to do with “getting stoned” and everything to do with improving your body’s operating system to reduce problems like pain, inflammation, stress, and anxiety.
Before getting into the many benefits of CBD oil, it’s important to understand how CBD and other cannabinoids interact with the body.
Cannabinoids and the Body
The cannabinoids we extract for our oils are the chemical compounds in the cannabis plant that deliver medicinal benefits like pain and inflammation relief. The most popular and significant cannabinoid besides THC is cannabidiol or CBD. However, every plant contains many different cannabinoids, sometimes 80 or more, that also have varying medical effects.
Cannabinoids already exist in our body naturally as part of the endocannabinoid system, which handles many different functions including appetite, pain, sleep, mood, sex drive, stress levels, and hormonal balance. Cannabinoids work with receptors that control communication between cells and systems, so when these levels are diminished or not performing at an optimal level, it can cause unpleasant symptoms. This can happen as a result of an autoimmune disease, poor diet, or other environmental factors. When medicinal cannabinoids are absorbed into the body’s tissues, they give receptors a boost by either replenishing low levels or altering the signal sent to the brain.
Needless to say, the goal when choosing a CBD product is to choose one with a full spectrum of cannabinoids and terpenes with no excess plant material or residual solvents. The less clutter in each bottle, the more potent the effects of the powerful active ingredients.
Medicinal Benefits of CBD Oil
Years of prohibition have stunted the medical research behind CBD oil, but the studies that do exist show overwhelmingly positive evidence that cannabinoids help the body in many different ways and offer relief from all kinds of unpleasant symptoms. Due to federal regulations, we cannot guarantee that any of our products will produce specific health benefits beyond general wellness, but we still feel it’s important to share the widely accepted data available on cannabinoids and the body.
Here are some of the most widely claimed benefits of CBD oil according to studies and consumer surveys:
- Pain and Inflammation – For many autoimmune diseases that do not have a cure, chronic pain and inflammation are persistent symptoms that can be hard to manage without addictive prescription drugs. CBD oil is a popular pain reliever for patients with arthritis, fibromyalgia, migraines, menstrual cramps, cancer, or who are recovering from injury.
- Cannabis and pain management – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2503660/
- Neurological – Diseases that affect the brain and nervous system like Multiple Sclerosis, ALS, Parkinson’s, and epilepsy have no known cure, with many patients relying on alternative therapies and dietary changes to help ease symptoms. Certain cannabinoids, including CBD, have been linked to reducing spasticity and seizures in patients of all ages who suffer from these symptoms.
- CBD and epilepsy – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4707667/
- Gastrointestinal/Nausea – CBD has been favorably linked to reducing nausea and vomiting after consumption. This is beneficial for cancer patients going through chemotherapy who have a hard time keeping food down. Maintaining a healthy diet and appetite is an essential part of any healing process, so CBD is a helpful way to make sure you’re getting enough calories when you need them most.
- CBD and nausea/vomiting – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3165951/
- Anxiety – It’s estimated that 40 million adults in the US suffer from anxiety, which can lead to more serious problems if left untreated. There have been small double-blind studies with results linking CBD to significantly reduced social anxiety, so many people enjoy using CBD oil to keep their nerves calm and mind focused before an anxiety-inducing event.
- CBD and anxiety – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20829306
- Sleep and Insomnia – CBD oils made with an indica-dominant strain are a popular sleep aid for people who spend most of the night tossing and turning. The biggest studies on cannabis and sleep involved synthetic cannabinoids rather than the real thing, but suggested that certain cannabinoids could help people with insomnia and sleep apnea. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs11920-017-0775-9
Pure & Potent Oils
There are many different ways to extract cannabinoids from the cannabis plant. It’s even possible to do it right from your kitchen, although we can’t vouch for the results. When it comes to both the purity and potency of CBD oil, the extraction process will make or break these vital factors. For this reason we invested a quarter of a million dollars in a supercritical CO2 extraction machine that extracts all the plant’s cannabinoids and oils without chemicals or excess clutter. This allows us to capture and isolate all of the plant’s cannabinoids for a complete profile in every bottle.
Fully Customizable CBD Oil
Our extraction process means we’re selling more than just the purest, most potent CBD oil available – we’re also selling a fully customizable CBD product. We offer full spectrum oil, raw hemp oil, and CBD isolates that can be customized to target specific needs, whether you want nothing but cannabidiol or you’re hoping for a bottle full of cannabinoids rich in analgesic properties.
Customer demand is the driving force behind the products created at Mana Farms. Our full spectrum oils are designed to fit into nearly any daily wellness routine, but with full control of the process we also have the ability to create custom hemp oils containing only the cannabinoids you want and nothing you don’t. It’s CBD as it should be – pure, clean, potent, and designed just for your body. Contact us today to discuss how our oils can help you live a healthier life.